2) Centre has appointed Harsh Kumar Bhanwala as Chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard).
3) Union Labour and Employment Minister Sis Ram Ola died at a Gurgaon hospital after a prolonged illness.
4) Germany lifted the Men's Junior Hockey World Cup by defeating the France in the title clash.
5) Bhartia Janata Party (BJP) organized Run for Unity runs across the country with the theme Good Governance and National Integration.
6) Ethiopian runner Atsedu Tsegay won the Men's Delhi Half Marathon (21.097 km) by creating a new race record.
7) South Africa's first black President Nelson Mandela laid to rest with full state honours in his childhood village at Qunu in South Africa's Eastern Cape province.
2) Lal Thanhawla of Congress party has sworn in as the Chief Minister of Mizoram for the second successive term.
3) Irrfan Khan won the best actor award for his brilliant performance in his film The Lunchbox at the 10th edition of Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF).
4) The former footballer of India, Babul Phukan died.
5) First lunar rover of China, Jade Rabbit which was carried by an unmanned remotely piloted spacecraft Chang'e-3 was deployed successfully on moon.
6) At the 57th National Shooting Championship being held at Tughlakabad Malaika Goel of Punjab and Prakash Nanjappa of Karnataka won Gold in their respective categories.
2) BJP leader Vasundhara Raje was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Rajasthan for the second time.
3) Bangladesh Islamist Abdul Kader Mullah hanged for 1971 war crimes.
4) Wal-Mart India has appointed Krish Iyer as President and CEO of Walmart India, effective January 20, 2014, replacing interim CEO Ramnik Narsey.
5) Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan has been named the 'most powerful celebrity of 2013' by Forbes India for the second time in a row.
6) Rising Indian Test batsman Cheteshwar Pujara has bagged the 'Emerging Cricketer of the Year' trophy at the ICC Annual awards announced in Dubai.
7) Supreme Court has granted bail to RJD chief Lalu Prasad in a fodder scam case.
8) Devyani Khobragade, Deputy Consul General at the Indian Consulate held in US on visa fraud charges.
9) Lt Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag designated as the Vice Chief of Army Staff.
2) Doha Bank has been granted the license to start its banking operations in India.
3) Raman Singh sworn in as the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh for the third consecutive term.
4) Lal Thanhawla will be sworn in for a second consecutive term as the Chief Minister of Mizoram on 14 Dec 2013.
5) Afghan President Hamid Karzai arrived in New Delhi on a four day official visit to India.
6) Wipro has received the ‘2013 ESCAP-Sasakawa Award for Disability-Inclusive Business in Asia and the Pacific.
7) AB de Villiers of South Africa dethrones Virant Kohli as the No.1 in ICC ODI rankings.
8) Indian Kabaddi teams both in Men and Women sections have stormed into the final of 4th World Cup Kabaddi Tournament at Bhatinda, Punjab.
9) South Africa won the ODI series against India 2-0 as final one-dayer of the 3-match cricket series was abandoned due to rain.
2) Wipro Chairman Azim Premji received ET Lifetime Achievement Award 2013.
3) Justice D.P Buch sworn in as Gujarat Lokayukta.
4) Mary Barra appointed General Motors CEO.
5) Uruguay became the First Country to Legalize Marijuana Trade.
6) Last King of the erstwhile Mysore royal family, Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar passed away.
10 December 2013
2) Appointments Committee of Cabinet has appointed Sumit Bose, a 1976 batch Madhya Pradesh cadre IAS officer, as Finance Secretary.
3) Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has decided to contest all 90 seats in the Haryana Assembly polls next year.
4) Ranjan Mathai, the former Foreign Secretary of India took over as the India's High Commissioner to the UK.
5) Vasundhara Raje, the BJP's chief minister-elect in Rajasthan, will be sworn-in on Dec 13.
2) Sheila Dikshit, the Chief Minister of Delhi resigned from her post after Congress party faced a defeat in the Delhi Assembly polls.
3) Star India will replace Sahara as the title sponsor of the Indian cricket team.
4) Election Commission to recognise Aam Aadmi Party as State Party in Delhi.
5) PepsiCo India appoints D Shivakumar as Chairman & CEO to head India region.
6) Former Pakistan captain Waqar Younis and ex-Australia wicketkepeer Adam Gilchrist will be inducted into the ICC's Hall of Fame next week.
7) Australia beat England to win the second Test by 218 runs and take a 2-0 series lead in Ashes series.
8) Olympic medal-winning boxer M C Kom’s autobiography, titled Unbreakable was unveiled by the Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
2) In Madhya Pradesh State Assembly election, BJP gets clear majority with 164 seats.
3) In Delhi State Assembly election BJP wins 31 seats while Aam Aadmi Party wins 28 seats.
4) In Chhattisgarh State Assembly election, BJP gets 49 and Congress gets 39 seats.
5) Sheila Dikshit, the Delhi CM was defeated in her constituency in New Delhi to Arvind Kejriwal of Aam Aadmi Party by over 5000 votes.
6) South Africa clinched the three-match ODI series against India by taking an unassailable 2-0 lead after registering a 134-run win in the second one-dayer in Durban.
7) Kerala emerged as the champion state in the 29th Junior National Athletics Championships which concluded in Bengaluru.
7 December 2013
1) FIFA declared 2014 FIFA World Cup football draw to be held in Brazil.
2) International Civil Aviation Day was observed on 7 December 2013
3) Miss Venezuela Alyz Henrich wins Miss Earth, 2013 at the Versailles Palace, Philippines.
4) Tejas, the Light Combat Aircraft has successfully fired a missile that hit its target.
5) Jordan elected to UN Security Council as a Non-Permanent Member.
6) 9th WTO Ministerial Conference concluded at Bali, Indonesia.
7) Late sitar legend Pandit Ravi Shankar received a posthumous nomination in the 56th Annual Grammy Awards for his album "The Living Room Sessions Part 2" in the World Music Album category.
2) Nation paid homage to Ambedkar on Mahaparinirvan Diwas.
3) Pakistani teenage activist Malala Yousafzai awarded 2013 United Nations Human Rights Prize.
4) A parliamentary bill for the creation of a new Telangana state, with 10 districts, has been cleared by the Union Cabinet.
5) South Africa thrashed India by 141 runs in the 1st ODI.
6) India will host the Under-17 FIFA World Cup in 2017.
7) MS Dhoni becomes India's highest scoring ODI captain leaving behind former captain Mohammad Azharuddin's tally of 5239 in 174 matches. Dhoni reached 5278 runs in his 152nd ODI.
8) Men's Hero Hockey Junior World Cup 2013 started at New Delhi.
5 December 2013
1) Sushma Singh, the seniormost Information Commissioner, appointed as the next Chief Information Commissioner of India and will succeed Deepak Sandhu
2) India Ranked 94th on Global Corruption Perception Index 2013
3) Winter Session of Parliament began.
4) BRAZUCA, The official 2014 FIFA World Cup Match Ball was unveiled.
5) India has been ranked 98th in the Forbes list of world's best countries for doing business.
6) India becomes the highest run scoring team in ODI history while Australia are currently second team with 1,82,881 runs.
4 December 2013
1) Delhi registered the highest-ever voter turnout of 65.13 per cent in the Assembly polls
2) Mangalyaan travels beyond sphere of influence (SOI) of Earth extending about 9,25,000 km in its 10-month long voyage to the red planet.
3) Naval vessel INS Konkan catches fire.
4) Karnataka Assembly passes Essential Services Maintenance Bill (ESMA) Bill.
5) HC dismissed plea challenging Bharat Ratna to Tendulkar, CN R Rao