Daily Current Affairs Quiz- 24 December 2013
(A) Cyrus Mistri
(B) Naina Lal Kidwai
(C) Sidharth Birla
(D) Ratan Tata
2) Name the inventor of the ubiquitous automatic weapon AK-47 who died at the age of 94 on Dec. 23, 2013?
(A) Mikhail Gorbyavech
(B) Kishav Gabriel
(C) Kilternik Remnik
(D) Mikhail Kalashnikov
3) Who has been appointed as the new Governor of Manipur on 23 December 2013?
(A) Anand Rai
(B) Vinod Kumar Duggal
(C) Subodh Kumar Duggal
(D) Vinod Kumar Rai
4) Which international airport situated in Hyderabad received Sword of Honour award in recognition of its effective implementation of occupational health and safety management systems from the British Safety Council recently?
(A) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport Ltd
(B) Indira Gandhi International Airport Ltd
(C) Kemp Gowda International Airport Ltd
(D) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
5) Name the nuclear capable ballistic missile which was successfully test-fired by India on 23 December 2013 from Wheeler Island, Odisha?
6) Who has been appointed as the new Ambassador of US recently?
(A) Ashok K Kantha
(B) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
(C) Devyani Khorbagade
(D) Nirupama Rao
7) Which day was observed across India on 24 December?
(A) Human Rights Day
(B) Farmers Day
(C) National Energy Conservation Day
(D) National Consumers Right Day
8) Who was appointed as new environment and forest minister (additional charge) in place of Jayanti Natarajan who resigned her post as Minister to take up party work?
(A) Kapil Sibal
(B) Sis Ram Ola
(C) M. Veerappa Moily
(D) Vayalar Ravi
9) Who is the world No. 1 bowler in the latest ICC Test rankings released on 24 Dec 2013?
(A) Dale Steyn
(B) Zaheer Khan
(C) Mitchell Johnson
(D) Vernon Philander
10) An MoU was signed by India's Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) VS Sampath offering India's expertise to which country in election management and electoral roll preparations recently?
1) Ans. (C) Sidharth Birla
2) Ans. (D) Mikhail Kalashnikov
3) Ans.(B) Vinod Kumar Duggal
4) Ans. (A) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport Ltd
5) Ans. (B) Agni-III
6) Ans. (B) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
7) Ans. (D) National Consumers Right Day
8) Ans. (C) M. Veerappa Moily
9) Ans. (D) Vernon Philander
10) Ans. (A) Yemen