Daily Current Affairs & GK Quiz- 10 December 2013
1) Name the Olympic medal-winning boxer M C Kom’s autobiography unveiled by the Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan on 9 December 2013?
2) Which Asian country is known as the 'Land of the White Elephants'?
3) Name the last King of the erstwhile Mysore royal family, who died in Bangalore on 10 December 2013?
(A) Jayachamarajendra Wodiyar
(B) Jayaperiyar Wodiyar
(C) Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar
(D) Jayawanthakumara Wodiyar
4) Ramon Magsaysay Award, often considered as Asia's Nobel Prize, is given in memory of which Asian country's former president?
5) Which among the following countries has recently become the first country in the world to make it legal to grow, sell and consume marijuana (drug)?
6) Which is the oldest stock exchange in Asia?
(A)Tokyo Stock Exchange
(B)Hong Kong Stock Exchange
(C)Shanghai Stock Exchange
(D)Bombay Stock Exchange
7) Who among the following was crowned Miss Earth 2013?
8) Yakshagana, literally meaning celestial music, is a popular dance drama of which Indian state?
9) United Nations Human Rights Day was observed on December 10. What was the theme of the year 2013 ?
(A)20 Years Working for Your Rights
(B)Protecting Human Rights
(C)Our Rights Our Dignity
(D)Fight for Human Rights
10) Solid form of which gas is commonly known as 'Dry Ice'?
1) Ans. (A) Unbreakable
2) Ans. (A)Thailand
3) Ans. (C) Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar
4) Ans. (C)Philippines
5) Ans. (A)Uruguay
6) Ans. (D)Bombay Stock Exchange
7) Ans. (A)Alyz Henrich
8) Ans. (C)Karnataka
9) Ans. (A) 20 Years Working for Your Rights
10) Ans. (C)Carbon dioxide