Current Affairs Quiz for competitive exams- 18 December 2013
1) Reserve Bank of India governor Raghuram Rajan surprised the markets on 18-Dec-2013 by leaving all key policy rates unchanged. What is the current repo rate?
2) South India’s first high altitude cricket stadium was inaugurated at Krishnagiri in Waynad district of which south Indian state on 17 Dec 2013?
(D) Andhra Pradesh
3) Who was on 17 December 2013 elected as the German chancellor for third term by the German Parliament- Bundestag?
4) Minorities Rights Day was observed on 18 December 2013 across the country to create awareness on rights of minorities. Which other day was also celebrated on 18-Dec-2013?
(A) World Food Day
(B) National Day for Old persons
(C) International Migrants Day
(D) International Book Day
5) Which former cricketer was on 18 Dec 2013 selected for the BCCI’s prestigious Col. CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement award for the year 2013?
(A) Sachin Tendulkar
(B) Sunil Gavaskar
(C) Anil Kumble
(D) Kapil Dev
6) The official data based on wholesale price index showed high inflation in November 2013 as compared to October 2013. Inflation in India reached _______ percent, the highest in 14 months since September 2012?
7) Who among the following has been voted the BBC sports personality of 2013?
8) Who was appointed as Chairman of the Karnataka State Human Rights Commission (KSHRC) on 18 Dec 2013?
(A) Justice Darmar Murugensan
(B) Justice Aftab Hussain Saikia
(C) Tarun Phookan
(D) Jyoti Prasad Chaliha
9) Rajya Sabha on 17 December 2013 passed the amended Lokpal and Lokayuktas Bill. In which year was the Lokpal Bill first passed by a house of Indian Parliament before it lapsed?
10) Australia reclaimed the Ashes Trophy after defeating England by 150 runs on the final day of the third Test match at Perth on 17 December 2013. When Australia last held the Ashes?
1) Ans. (C)7.75%
2) Ans. (C) Kerala
3) Ans. (A)Angela Merkel
4) Ans. (C) International Migrants Day
5) Ans. (D) Kapil Dev
6) Ans. (C)7.52
7) Ans. (A)Andy Murray
8) Ans. (A) Justice Darmar Murugensan
9) Ans. (C) 1969
10) Ans. (A) 2007