Current Affairs Questions useful for IBPS Clerk Exam 2013- Part-2
Friends...Here is the Part-2 of the Current Affairs series.
1) “World Polio Day” is observed on?
Ans. (D) 24-Oct
2) Which IPL team won the Champions League Twenty-20 title held in Oct 2013?
(A) Rajasthan Royals
(B) Trinidad & Tobago
(C) Mumbai Indians
(D) Chennai Super Kings
Ans. (C) Mumbai Indians
3) Which organization won the Nobel peace prize 2013 (announced in Oct 2013)?
(A) European Union
(B) Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
(D) Red Cross
Ans. (B) Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
4) Which of the following dam has celebrated its 50th Anniversary in Oct 2013?
(A) Bhakra dam
(B) KSR Dam
(C) Sardar Sarovar Dam
(D) Nagarjuna Sagar Dam
Ans. (A) Bhakra dam
5) The Largest Air Traffic Control Tower of India which is 84 meter high was Inaugurated at which city airport in Oct 2013?
(A) New Delhi
Ans. (B) Mumbai
6) Two political leaders Lalu Prasad Yadav and Jagadish Sharma have been disqualified from their parliamentary memberships on account of conviction under the Chaibasa Treasury case in Oct 2013. Jagadish Sharma belonged to which political party?
(A) Janata Dal (United)
Ans. A) Janata Dal (United)
7) Which Indian state launched the “She Taxi” project, aiming at ensuring safe travel for women, in Oct 2013?
Ans. B) Kerala
8) Which internet giant launched a new search algorithm named as “Humingbird” in Oct 2013?
9) Narendra Modi laid the foundation of a 597-foot Sardar Patel idol (called the Statue of Unity) in Oct 2013 which will be built at Sadhu Bet, an island situated 3 kilometers away from the Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat. Vallabhbhai Patel, Known as Iron man, is India’s first .................... post independece.
(A) Finance Minister
(B) External Affairs Minister
(C) Prime Minister
(D) Home Minister
Ans. (D) Home Minister
10) Which former Liberian President who sentenced to 50 years in prison for crimes against humanity in Oct 2013?
(A) Charles Taylor
(B) Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
(C) Foday Sankoh
(D) George WeahAns. (A) Charles Taylor
IBPS Clerk 2013 Study Materials: Click Here