Current Affairs & GK Quiz- 4 December 2013
1) Where is The National Chemical Laboratory situated?
2) Who has won the ICC People’s Choice Award for the year 2013 on 3rd December 2013?
(A) Sachin Tendulkar
(B) Virat Kohli
(C) M S Dhoni
(D) Shikhar Dhawan
Ans. (C) M S Dhoni
3) The Supreme Court on Tuesday, 3rd Dec 2013, set a deadline for all states and Union Territories to frame rules to regulate sale of acid and notify them accordingly. What is the deadline?
(A) 31 December 2013
(B) 31 January 2014
(C) 28 February 2014
(D) 31 March 2014
Ans. (D) 31 March 2014
4) Which day was observed across the world on 3 December 2013?
(A) International Day of Women
(B) International Day of Animals
(C) International Day of People with Disability
(D) International Peace Day
Ans. (C) International Day of People with Disability
5) ‘Blue revolution’ is associated with what?
(B)Iron And Steel Industry
6) In human systems, vitamins cannot:
(A)Help In Digestion
(B)Help In Metabolizing Drugs
(C)Help In Growth
Ans. (D)Supply Energy
7) Which of the following is not an objective of the Monetary Policy of RBI?
(A)Boost Economic Development
(B)Direct Credit In Desirable Direction
(C)Control Inflationary Pressure
(D)Ensure Social Justice
Ans. (D)Ensure Social Justice
8) On 3rd Dec 2013, India successfully test-fired indigenously developed nuclear-capable Prithvi-II missile with a strike range of 350 km from a test range at Chandipur in Odisha as part of a user trial by defence forces. What type of missile is Prithvi-II?
(A) Surface to Air
(B) Air to Air
(C) Air to Surface
(D) Surface to Surface
Ans. (D) Surface to Surface
9) Which city in India is also known as "Brasscity"?
10) Which Indian city has world's longest railway platform?
(D)Jabalpur(M.P.)Ans. (C)Gorakhpur (UP)