Current Affairs & GK Quiz- 27 December 2013
1) Which player was selected for Polly Umrigar Award for being India’s best international cricketer of 2012-13 by BCCI on 27 December 2013?
(A) Rohit Sharma
(B) M S Dhoni
(C) Virat Kohli
(D) Ravichandran Ashwin
2) On which planet, due to its clockwise (east to west) rotation on the axis, the Sun rises in the west and sets in the east?
3) Which player has been selected as The Associated Press' 2013 Female Athlete of the Year for her outstanding performance throughout the year recently?
(A) Shelly-Ann Fraser
(B) Serena Williams
(C) Yelena Isinbayeva
(D) Marion Bartoli
4) Hydrogen and Carbon monoxide are the major constituents of which fuel gas?
(C)Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
(D)Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
5) Which Union Minister has been chosen as the "Person of the Year" by animal rights campaigner PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) for initiating steps for animal protection on 27 December 2013?
(A) Jayanti Natarajan
(B) Jayaram Ramesh
(C) Shashi Tharoor
(D) Ajay Maken
6) Which city houses the headquarters of Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
(D)Seoul (South Korea)
7) Which High Court on 26 December 2013 banned junk food items in plastic packing and directed the state government to implement the ban from 26 Jan 2013?
(D) Himachal Pradesh
8) On 1st July 1997, where was India's first Science City inaugurated?
9) The novel 'Q & A', on which 8 Oscar awards winning film 'Slumdog Millionaire' (2008) is based, was authored by which Indian civil servant?
10) National Police Academy, the Hyderabad-based alma mater for IPS officers in the country situated at Hyderabad, could soon get a woman chief for the first time in its history. Name her?
(A) Kiran Bedi
(B) Aruna Bahuguna
(C) Aruna Bhattacharya
(D) Usha Bahuguna
1) Ans. (D) Ravichandran Ashwin
2) Ans. (C)Venus
3) Ans. (B) Serena Williams
4) Ans. (B)Water Gas
5) Ans. (C) Shashi Tharoor
6) Ans. (A)Manila (Philippines)
7) Ans. (D) Himachal Pradesh
8) Ans. (D)Kolkata
9) Ans. (A)Vikas Swarup
10) Ans. (B) Aruna Bahuguna