Current Affairs & GK Quiz- 14 & 15 December 2013
1) India has beaten which country to win the 4th men's Kabaddi World Cup in Ludhiana on 15th Dec 2013?
2) Which among the following countries has won Junior Men’s Hockey World Cup on 15 Dec 2013?
3) Name the Union Labour Minister of India who died on 15 December 2013 after a prolonged illness in Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon, Haryana?
(A) Jagriti Anand
(B) B K Khandelwal
(C) C J Iyer
(D) Sis Ram Ola
4) Who among the following has been appointed new chairman of NABARD on 14 Dec 2013?
(A)Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
5) Who among the following has won best actor award at the 10th Dubai International Film Festival for his brilliant performance in his film The Lunchbox?
6) Bhartia Janata Party (BJP) organized Run for Unity runs across the country with the theme Good Governance and National Integration on 15 Dec 2013. Race was organized as part of its nationwide programme to drum up support for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's Statue of Unity project on the 63rd death anniversary of which leader?
(A) Dr. B R Ambedkar
(B) Lal Bahadur Shastri
(C) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(D) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
7) Name the first lunar rover of China which was carried by an unmanned remotely piloted spacecraft Chang'e-3 and deployed successfully on moon on 14 Dec 2013?
(B) Moon Mission
(C) Jade Rabbit
(D) Hoven Craft
8) Which Indian IT expert started web-based e-mail service Hotmail in 1996?
9) What is the length of a Cricket pitch, measured between two sets of wickets?
10) Which freedom fighter was popularly known as `Deshbandhu'?
(A)Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(B)Lala Lajpat Rai
1) Ans. (B) Pakistan
2) Ans. (C)Germany
3) Ans. (D) Sis Ram Ola
4) Ans. (A)Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
5) Ans. (A)Irfan Khan
6) Ans. (D) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
7) Ans. (C) Jade Rabbit
8) Ans. (C)Sabeer Bhatia
9) Ans. (C)22 yards
10) Ans. (D)Chittaranjan Das