Current Affairs & General Knowledge Quiz: 19 December 2013
1) Name the Indian woman diplomat who was shifted to India’s Permanent Mission to the United Nations in New York by the Indian Government on 18 Dec 2013, so as to entitle her to all diplomatic privileges and immunity?
(A) Savitha Halapanakar
(B) Devyani Khobragade
(C) Srishti Rana
(D) Durga Sakti Nagpal
2) `Dreams from My Father' and `The Audicity of Hope' books are authored by which American President?
(B)George W. Bush
3) Name the man behind the Britain’s Great Train Robbery in 1963 who died on 18-Dec-2013?
(A) Christopher Pickard
(B) Jack Straw
(C) Jimmy White
(D) Ronnie Biggs
4) Ganymede, the largest natural satellite in the Solar System, is a natural satellite (moon) of which planet?
5) Lokpal Bill was passed by the Parliament as the Lok Sabha on 18 December 2013 adopted the measure as amended by the Rajya Sabha after a short discussion. Name the two parties which opposed the bill in Loksabha?
(A) Congress and DMK
(B) BJP and Shiv Sena
(C) Samajwadi Party and Shiv Sena
(D) BSP and NCP
6) Which is the heaviest organ in the human body?
7) A nation-wide strike by which public sector union on 18-Dec-2013 hit the normal life?
(D) Oil companies
8) Who was the first law minister of independent India?
(A)Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(C)Rafi Ahmed Kidwai
9) Which country won the boy’s and girl’s team titles in the Asia-Pacific junior golf championship at the Royal Calcutta Golf Club (RCGC) on 18th Dec 2013?
10) Which co-founder of Infosys, wrote the book `Imagining India : Ideas for the New Century'?
1) Ans. (B) Devyani Khobragade
2) Ans. (C)Barack Obama
3) Ans. (D) Ronnie Biggs
4) Ans. (C)Jupiter
5) Ans. (C) Samajwadi Party and Shiv Sena
6) Ans. (C)Liver
7) Ans. (B) Bank
8) Ans. (B)B.R.Ambedkar
9) Ans. (C) India
10) Ans. (C)Nandan Nilekani