26 December 2013: Current Affairs and GK Quiz
1) Who was appointed as Civil Aviation Secretary on 26 December 2013?
(B) Ashok Lavasa
(C) Prashant Bhusan
(D) G D Swamy
2) Kavaratti, an island town, is the capital of which Indian union territory?
(B)Daman and Diu
(D)Andaman and Nicobar Islands
3) Who was appointed the full time chief of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) on 26 December 2013?
(A) Subhash Joshi
(B) Arvind Ranjan
(C) John Ashe
(D) Raghuram Rajan
4) How much time does Sunlight take to reach the Earth?
5) Who among the following won 34th National Archery Championship on 25 Dec 2013, in the women's individual category and has set the record of winning the most individual titles at the national meet ever (her sixth National title consecutively)?
(A) Laishram Bombayla Devi
(B) Rimil Buriuly
(C) Deepika Kumari
(D) Yamuna Rani
6) In 1872, which Viceroy of India was assassinated at Port Blair in the Andaman Islands?
7) Union Cabinet on 26 December 2013 approved the pension proposal for 43000 MTNL employees, who joined the public sector company from the Department of Telecom. Expand MTNL?
(A) Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd
(B) Monoline Telephone Nigam Ltd
(C) Mahali Telephone Nigam Ltd
(D) Manohar Telephone Nigam Ltd
8) To whom does the President of India address his resignation?
(A)Chief Justice of India
(C)Lok Sabha Speaker
9) Who was appointed as new head of NSG (National Security Guard) on 26 December 2013?
(A) Arvind Ranjan
(B) Subhash Joshi
(C) S K Sinha
10) Indira Mount, an underwater mountain named after former PM of India Smt. Indira Gandhi, is in which ocean?
1) Ans. (B) Ashok Lavasa
2) Ans. (A)Lakshadweep
3) Ans. (B) Arvind Ranjan
4) Ans. (A)8 minutes
5) Ans. (C) Deepika Kumari
6) Ans. (A)Lord Mayo
7) Ans. (A) Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd
8) Ans. (D)Vice President
9) Ans. (D) J.N.Chaudhary
10) Ans. (B)Antarctic Ocean