IBPS Clerk 2013: Expected Economy/Banking Current Affairs Questions- Part 11
Friends...As promised in the last part of this series published today...we have come up with Part-11. Remember...PDF File including all the questions so far will be published soon when this series ends... You can refer month wise Current Affairs by downloading PDF from from the link below!!!
1) Who took over charge as chairman and managing director (CMD) of Bharat
Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) on 1 October 2013?
Ans. S. Varadarajan
Note: He has succeeded R.K. Singh.
2) Union government of India on 5 October 2013 launched the Inter Company ........... portability scheme in 24 cities across the country?
Ans. LPG portability scheme
Note: Under the portability scheme, a consumer can now opt for the distributor of his choice within a cluster of LPG distributors in the vicinity and across the oil companies.
3) Name the ship acquired by Geological Survey of India (GSI) on 4 October 2013 for around 600 crore Rupees for the purpose of undertaking deep-sea surveys as well as exploration of the minerals lying in the depths of oceans?
Ans. Samudra Ratnakar
4) Which companies were awarded the cricket sponsorship rights for all international series and the domestic tournaments in India for the year 2013-14 by BCCI at the base price of two crore rupees per fixture?
Ans. Star Private Ltd and ESPN
5) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 3 October 2013 cleared Jet Airways proposed sale of 24 per cent equity to Abu Dhabi-based ........ Airways?
Note: It will pave way for the biggest ever foreign investment in the Indian aviation sector.
6) Indian Railways on 3 October 2013 signed a pact with Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) to set up the country's biggest Forged Wheel plant at Lalganj, Raebarelli in which state?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh.
7) India was re-elected in the new Council of ICAO as one of the states making the largest contribution to the provision of facilities for international civil air navigation. Expand ICAO?
Ans. International Civil Aviation Organization
8) Indian Railways on 4 October 2013 adopted first ever unique modern technology for maintenance of its passenger coaches, wagons and locomotives. Name the new technology?
Ans. Acoustic Bearing Detectors (ABD) & Wheel Impact Load Detectors (WILD).
9) Samsung Electronics on 9 October 2013 became the first manufacturer to launch the first curved screen Smartphone of the world. What is the name of the phone?
Ans. Galaxy Round
10) Supreme Court of India on 8 October 2013 directed the Election Commission of India to introduce VVPAT in EVMs in phased manner for the next general elections in 2014. Expand VVPAT?
Ans. Vote Verifier Paper Audit Trail
View other parts of this Question Series: Click Here