IBPS Clerk 2013: Expected Economy/Banking Current Affairs Questions- Part 19
Friends...Here is the Part-19 of Economy/Banking Current Affairs Questions. One more part remaining. After that PDF file containing all questions will be published....
1) Five rating agencies from 5 countries have joined hands to launch a new Global Credit Rating Agency, ARC Ratings to challenge the global dominance of the "Fitch, Moody's and Standard & Poor's". Which following country is not one of the partners?
Ans. (D) China
2) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 3 October 2013 cleared Jet Airways proposed sale of 24 per cent equity to Abu Dhabi-based ........ Airways?
3) Indian Railways on 3 October 2013 signed a pact with Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) to set up the country's biggest Forged Wheel plant at Lalganj, Raebarelli in which state?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh.
4) India was re-elected in the new Council of ICAO as one of the states making the largest contribution to the Provision of facilities for international civil air navigation. Expand ICAO?
Ans. International Civil Aviation Organization
5) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 7 October 2013 reduced the Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate to .............per cent from 9.5 per cent to improve liquidity in the system. In a release issued from Mumbai the RBI stated that the decision was taken after a review of evolving liquidity conditions.
Note: MSF allows banks to borrow money from RBI at a higher rate when there is a significant liquidity crunch.
6) India’s first exclusive defence satellite ________ was successfully launched by European space consortium Arianespace’s Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou spaceport in French Guiana in August 2013.
(A) GSLV – V
(B) GSAT – 7
(C) PSAT – 3
(D) GSLV – 7
Ans. (B) GSAT – 7
7) Congress President Sonia Gandhi has launched the ambitious Food security programme in which state first in August 2013?
(A) Himachal Pradesh
Ans. (C) Delhi
8) Who has been appointed as the Chairman & Managing Director of ONGC, India’s largest Oil and Gas PSU in August 2013?
(A) Sudhir Vasudeva
(B) B. C. Tripathi
(C) D.K. Sarraf
(D) RS Butola
Ans. (C) D.K. Sarraf
9) The government has set up a 7-member Tax Administration Reform Commission (TARC) to revisit tax laws and suggest measures for putting in place a stable and non-adversarial tax administration. Who will head the commission?
(A) A C Shah
(B) Parthasarathi Shome
(C) S S Tarapore
(D) R J Kamath
Ans. (B) Parthasarathi Shome
10) India surpassed ________ to become third largest Internet population, as per the the ComScore report published in August 2013.
(D) BrazilAns. (B) Japan
View other parts of this Question Series: Click Here