IBPS Clerk 2013: Expected Economy/Banking Current Affairs Questions- Part 8
Friends…here is the Part-8 of our Economy/Banking Current Affairs Questions for IBPS Clerk Exam 2013….
1. India’s core sector growth stood at ___________ in August as published in Oct 2013)?
Ans. (A) 3.7%
2. Who took over charge as Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) in Oct 2013?
(A) SB Nayar
(B) S Varadarajan
(C) R K Singhon
(D) B Ashok
Ans. (B) S Varadarajan
3. Which IT Services Company acquired the Equinox Consulting, a financial services consulting firm based in France, in Oct 2013?
Ans. (A) Cognizant
4. Which country has topped the global chart of remittances with a whopping USD 71 billion in remittances in 2013?
Ans. (D) India
5. ECB has kept its benchmark interest rate on hold at ________ in Oct 2013.
Ans. (A) 0.5%
6. Who has been appointed chairman of Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB), a regional rural bank sponsored by Syndicate Bank, in Oct 2013?
(A) Ashok Reddy Nukala
(B) S.R. Bansal
(C) Rajendra Kumar Saraf
(D) Umesh Chand Asawa
Ans. (A) Ashok Reddy Nukala
7. Which IT Company acquire ValueSource NV, a subsidiary of Belgium-based integrated bank insurance group KBC, as part of a five-year contract with the group in Oct 2013?
Ans. (A) Cognizant
8. India has been ranked at ______ position out of 122 countries on global Human Capital Index published by the World Economic Forum in Oct 2013.
Ans. (A) 78th
9. Government of India has appointed a four member committee headed by whom to clear the ambiguity between Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Foreign Institutional Investment (FII) terms in Oct 2013?
(A) Bimal Jalan
(B) Mukul Mudgal
(C) Arvind Mayaram
(D) A.P. Shah
Ans. (C) Arvind Mayaram
10. The Government of India launched a unique project to put 100 most important Indian heritage sites online in collaboration with which IT/Internet giant in Oct 2013?
Ans. (A) Google
View other parts of this Question Series: Click Here