Join Our Facebook Page
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Some useful General Knowledge Questions for Competitive Exams!!!
Latest Current Affairs| GK | Latest Exams| Job Alerts| Exam Results & many more
Always Visit- http://www.currentaffairs4examz.com
1. Which of the following countries recently signed a ‘Ceasefire agreement’ with ‘Karen Rebels’?
(a) China (b) Libya (c) Myanmar (d) Nepal (e) Egypt
2. Which of the following countries has recently decided to fix the term of the President of the country for 7 years?
(a) Iraq (b) Myanmar (c) Nepal (d) Libya (e) Turkey
3. India recently decided to purchase fighter planes from France. Which of the following is the name of these planes?
(a) Rafale (b) Boeing (c) MiG-35 (d) Lockhead Martin (e) Cassadion
4. India is now declared free from which of the following diseases after a long battle against it?
(a) AIDS (b) TB (c) Cancer (d) Polio (e) All of these
5. India recently decided to give US $ 1.5 million to which of the following countries to establish Vivekanand Chair in one of its Universities?
(a) France (b) Britain (c) Russia (d) Italy (e) USA
Join Our Facebook Page
Join Our Facebook Page
6. Which of the following countries is likely to join European Union in the near future ?
(a) Malta (b) Croatia (c) Hungary (d) Kenya (e) South Africa
7. Which of the following schemes is launched by the Govt. of India to develop various facilities in rural areas?
(a) IRDP (b) NHRM (c) PPP (d) Operation Flood (e) None of these
8. Indian coastguard conducted a joint exercise named ‘Sahyog-Kaijin-XI’ with which of the following countries?
(a) Myanmar (b) Russia (c) China (d) Sri Lanka (e) Japan
9. Who among the following won the Thailand Golf Championship held in December 2011?
(a) Lee Westwood (b) Charl Schwartzel (c) Alvaro Quiros (d) Paul Lawrie (e) Peter Hanson
10. India wants a ‘CEPA’ with Thailand – was the news in major newspapers. What is the full form of ‘CEPA’ as used here?
(a) Complete Economic Preference Agreement
(b) Cultural and Economic Partnership Accord
(c) Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement
(d) Cooperation and Economic-Partnership Accord
(e) Complete Economic Partnership and Assistance
11. European Union recently decided to enforce European Stability Mechanism (ESM) w.e.f. July 2012. ESM is a system to achieve / safeguard–
(a) financial stability (b) political stability
(c) free access to oil reserves in UAE and Kuwait
(d) free access to uranium reserves in Libya
(e) interests of all the members in case of attack by Iran or any other country
12. Kovvada Nuclear Power Plant which was recently in news is being set up in–
(a) Karnataka (b) Andhra Pradesh (c) Chhattisgarh (d) Uttarakhand (e) Odisha
13. Mullaperiyar Dam is built on which of the following rivers?
(a) Tungbhadra (b) Cauvery (c) Krishna (d) Periyar (e) Mahanadi
14. Which of the following countries is not a member of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries(OPEC)?
(a) Nigeria (b) Iran (c) Iraq (d) Algeria (e) Bangladesh
15. Which of the following books is written by Steve Waugh ?
(a) Out of My Comfort Zone : The Autobiography (b) My Life (c) Wings of Fire
(d) Long Walk to Freedom (e) Revolutionary Wealth
16. Which of the following organizations/agencies recently issued elaborate guidelines pertaining to the creation of new category of Non Banking Finance Companies (NBFC)-Micro Finance Industries ?
(a) AMFI (b) SIDBI (c) SEBI (d) NABARD (e) RBI
17. Which of the following organizations / agencies coordinates the operations of rural credit institutions in India ?
(a) Reserve Bank of India (b) Securities and Exchange Board of India
(c) Indian Bank Association (d) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
(e) Small Industries Development Bank of India
18. Google is–
(a) Virus programme (b) Search engine (c) Website (d) Hardware (e) None of these
19. Which of the following is not a function of the Reserve Bank of India ?
(a) Issuer of currency (b) Foreign Exchange Management
(c) Bankers to Banks (d) Listing companies for trading in Stock Exchanges
(e) Bankers and Debt Manager to Govt.
20. Which of the following organizations issued Initial Public Offer (IPO) Norms for Life Insurance Companies?
(a) CRISIL (b) SEBI (c) RBI (d) AMFI (e) IRDA
21. Which of the following states is at the top in the Child Rights Index, compiled in India for the first time?
(a) Maharashtra (b) Kerala (c) Gujarat (d) Tamil Nadu (e) Rajasthan
22. Which of the following countries won Davis Cup Tennis Tournament 2011 ?
(a) Australia (b) Argentina (c) Germany (d) France (e) Spain
23. Which of the following metals used in Nuclear Power Plants will be imported from Australia?
(a) Plutonium (b) Uranium (c) Thorium (d) Curium (e) Zirconium
24. Standard and Poor, better known as S&P, is a/the–
(a) Financial market intelligence agency (b) Central Bank of USA
(c) Large multinational bank (d) Body set up by the United Nations Organisation
(e) Intelligence wing of the World Bank
25. Thomas J. Sargent and Christopher A. Sims are the two recipients of Nobel prize 2011 in the field of–
(a) Physics (b) Economics (c) Chemistry (d) Literature (e) Medicine
26. The home of who among the following is named as Malgudi Home?
(a) Satyajit Ray (b) Shivram Karanth (c) R. K. Narayan (d) M. G. Ramachandran (e) H. D. Deve Gowda
27. Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards are given for exemplary work in the field of–
(a) Sports (b) Journalism (c) Literature (d) Social Service (e) Science and Technology
28. Which of the following states has become first in India to have a ‘Carbon Inventory’ giving its total carbon emission from various sectors?
(a) Himachal Pradesh (b) Maharashtra (c) Gujarat (d) Kerala (e) Tamil Nadu
29. As per newspaper reports how, much FDI is allowed in pension sector?
(a) 15% (b) 33% (c) 41% (d) 51% (e) None of these
30. ‘Agha Khan Cup’ is associated with the game of–
(a) Football (b) Hockey (c) Badminton (d) Cricket (e) Horse Racing
31. What does the letter ‘C’ denote in the UNICEF a well-known organization operating at global level ?
(a) Credit (b) Children (c) Control (d) Cooperation (e) Crisis
32. Which of the following is India’s most advanced long range missile capable of carrying nuclear warheads?
(a) Khukri (b) Basant (c) Agni-IV (d) Vijayant-IlI (e) Sindhudurg-II
33. Who among the following was one of the recipients of the Padmashri award in 2012?
(a) Anup Jalota (b) Shabana Aazmi (c) Aruna Irani (d) Leander Paes (e) Vidya Balan
34. Dr. Manmohan Singh unveiled the foundation stone of National Institute of Technology in which of the following places in Manipur?
(a) Bishnupur (b) Thoubal (c) Imphal (d) Senapati (e) Ukhrul
35. Mario Monti has taken over as the Prime Minister of–
(a) Greece (b) New Zealand (c) Russia (d) Italy (e) None of these
36. Arab countries recently decided to impose Sanctions on which of the following countries as it has failed to check violence on its land ?
(a) Egypt (b) Kuwait (c) Syria (d) Lebanon (e) Iran
37. Kangaroos won the last and final match to win series—was the news in some news papers some-times back. This means which country won the match and the series ?
(a) New Zealand (b) England (c) West Indies (d) Australia (e) South Africa
38. ‘Calorimeter’ is an instrument used to measure–
(a) Electric current (b) Heat (c) Velocity of sound (d) Altitude (e) Atmospheric pressure
39. Which of the following countries is not a member of newly formed Eurasian Union?
(a) Russia (b) Belarus (c) Kazakhstan (d) Croatia (e) All are members of Eurasian Union
40. Govt. of India recently decided to allow more FDI in retail. This means which of the following companies will be benefitted by this decision ?
(a) Wal Mart (b) Hindalco (c) Infosys (d) Air India (e) Glaxo Smithkline Pharma
41. Which of the following states has decided to launch Right to Play Act in the state to promote sportsmanship in its children and youth ?
(a) Delhi (b) Uttar Pradesh (c) Haryana (d) Maharashtra (e) Gujarat
42. ‘Dhamra’ where an all weather port is developed, is in which of the following states ?
(a) West Bengal (b) Odisha (c) Gujarat (d) Maharashtra (e) Tamil Nadu
43. Miss Ivian Sarcos who was crowned Miss World 2011 is from which of the following countries?
(a) Russia (b) France (c) Brazil (d) Venezuela (e) Italy
44. Who among the following has written the novel ‘Mandra’ which was awarded prestigious ‘Saraswati Samman’ recently ?
(a) S. L. Bhyrappa (b) Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari (c) Nirmal Verma (d) Shrilal Shukla (e) Arun Sadhu
45. Which of the following countries is on its way to becoming a full-fledged member of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) ?
(a) India (b) Brazil (c) USA (d) Russia (e) Australia
46. Who among the following is one of the Deputy Governors of the RBI?
(a) Shri U. K. Sinha (b) Shri Subir Gokaran
(c) Dr. M. S. Ahluwalia (d) Shri Ranjan Mathai
(e) None of these
47. The Govt. of India recently signed a peace pact with United People’s Democratic Solidarity (UPDS). The, pact will bring peace in which of the following states?
(a) Bihar (b) Madhya Pradesh (c) Assam (d) Jharkhand (e) Maharashtra
48. Which of the following terms is associated with the game of Lawn Tennis?
(a) Heave (b) Volley (c) Spikers (d) Hoops (e) Pitch
49. As per newspaper reports what per cent of Govt. stake will be disinvested in Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd. ?
(a) 5% (b) 7.5% (c) 10% (d) 12% (e) None of these
50. ASHA is a part of which of the following schemes launched by the Govt. of India?
(a) Operation Black Board (b) Mid Day Meal Scheme
(c) National Old Age Pension Scheme (d) National Rural Health Mission
(e) Bharat Nirman
For complete Current Affairs of 2013 visit the below link