Kerala's Haritha V Kumar tops Civil Services Examination 2012
Civil Services Examination 2012 results announced- Click Here for full list
The UPSC has declared the final results of Civil Services Examination, 2012 on Friday, the 3rd May, 2013. The following are the important highlights of the results:
· The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2012 was conducted on 20th May, 2012. A record number of 5,36,506 candidates applied for this examination, out of which 2,71,422 candidates have actually appeared.
· 13,092 candidates were declared qualified for the Main written examination held in October, 2012 out of which 2674 candidates were selected for the Personality Test conducted in March-April, 2012. Finally 998 candidates (753 Male & 245 Female) have been recommended for appointment to the IAS, IFS, IPS and other Central Services against 1091 reported vacancies. Vacancies unfilled presently are on account of 92 reserved community candidates qualifying on general standards. Depending on the options exercised by these candidates for service allocation, these vacancies will be filled by candidates recommended from the Reserve List that is maintained by the Commission.
·TOP position has been taken by Female candidate, Ms.Haritha V. Kumar (Roll No.075502). She has done B.Tech (E&C) from Kerala University. This is her 4th attempt.
· 2nd rank is of Shri V. Sriram (Roll No.494891). He has done MBBS from Kerala University. This is his 2nd Attempt.
· 3rd position is bagged by another Female candidate Ms. Stuti Charan (Roll No.038970). She has done B.Scfrom Jodhpur University and PG Diploma in Personnel & Marketing Management from IIPM, Delhi. This is her 3rd attempt.
·TOP position in GENERAL, ST and SC categories have been secured by Female candidates. Amongst top 25 candidates there are 13 Male and 12 Female candidates.
· The result also showcases the pan-India distribution of successful candidates of this Examination. Amongst the top 25 candidates, there are candidates claiming domicile from as many as 12 States/UTs i.e.Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamilnadu, & Uttar Pradesh.
· The family background of top 25 candidates shows diverse representation from all walks of life with their parents being Farmer, Teacher, Businessman, Govt. servant, Doctor, Advocate, Professor & Civil servant.
· Amongst top 25 candidates 6 have made to the merit list in their 1st attempt; 9 in 2nd attempt; 8in 3rd attempt; and 01 each in 4th & 6th attempts. As many as 04 have already been recommended to services other than IAS on the basis of Civil Services Examinations of previous years.
· Of the top 25 candidates - 12 appeared from Delhi; 4 from Thiruvanathapuram, 2 each from Chennai & Hyderabad; and 1 each from Jammu, Mumbai, Jaipur, Chandigarh and Allahabad Centres.