Some useful Current Affairs Questions- March/April 2013!!!!
1) Who is selected for the prestigious Jnanpith award for the year 2012?
Ans. Ravuri Bharadhwaja for his contributions to Telugu literature.
2) Recently, who was re-elected for a second term as IAEA Chief?
Ans. Yukiya Amano
3) Where was India‟s first all Women Post Office inaugurated recently?
Ans. New Delhi
4) Who scored the fastest debut century in test cricket recently?
Ans. Shikhar Dhawan
5) Malala Yousafzai has recently signed a deal to publish her autobiography. Name the title?
Ans. I Am Malala
6) Indian President was the Chief Guest at the Independence Day celebrations ofwhich country during March 2012?
7) Who has been elected as the new Pope of the Catholic Church?
Ans. Jorge Mario Bergoglio from Argentina & he has chosen the name "Francis‟
8) Which film was adjudged best feature filmin the 60th National Film Awards?
Ans. Paan Singh Tomar (Hindi) directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia
9) The 5th BRICS summit was recently held at?
Ans. Durban, South Africa (March 26-27).The member states of BRICS are Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
10) The code name given to the entire plan of the execution of Afsal Guru, the parliament attack convict:
Ans. Operation Three Star
11) Which country will host ICC World T20 2014?
12) Who is elected as the President of Venezuela recently?
Ans. Nicolas Maduro
13) The President of Bangladesh who passed away recently?
Ans. Zillur Rahman
14) Who are the three personalities recently selected by the Indian Parliamentary Group for the Outstanding Parliamentarian Award?
Ans. Arun Jaitley (2010), Karan Singh (2011) and Sharad Yadav (2012)
15) Which team won the Santosh Trophy Football tournament 2013 held in Kerala?
16) Who was honoured with Indira Gandhi Peace Prize recently?
Ans. Ela Bhatt, founder of the Self Employed Women‟s Association (SEWA), was presented with the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2011 by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee.
17) Who was crowned the Femina Miss India 2013?
Ans. Navneet Kaur Dhilon
18) When is the First International Happiness Day celebrated?
Ans. 20th March 2013
19) Who is chosen for Saraswati Samman award 2013?
Ans. Sugathakumari (Malayalam Poet)
20) Which former British Prime Minister popularly known as the "Iron Lady‟ passed away on April 8?
Ans. Margaret Thatcher. She was the longest serving British prime minister (1979-1990) of the 20th century and is the only woman to have held the office.