Latest Current Affairs April 2013
Useful for all competitive Examinations, GK Quiz etc…..
1. Which Bollywood actress will be part of the Cannes Film Festival’s (Festival begins on May 15 and ends on May 26) prestigious international jury, presided over by the American director and producer, Steven Spielberg?
[A] Aishwarya Rai
[B] Sushmita Sen
[D] Vidya Balan
Ans. [D] Vidya Balan
2. Which company has launched Officejet Pro X500 series of printer on 24th April 2013, and which is recognised as the world's fastest desktop printer by Guinness World Records?
Ans. [B] HP
3. Which cricketer hit the fastest ever century in the history of cricket by reaching 100 in merely 30 balls during Royal Challengers Bangalore-Pune Warriors IPL match on 23 April 2013?
[A] Yuvraj Singh
[B] Chris Gayle
[C] Brendon McCullum
[D] Shahid Afridi
Ans. [B] Chris Gayle
4. Today on 22 April 2013, the world is observing the International Mother Earth Day with an aim of spreading awareness to protect earth’s environment. What is the theme selected for 2013 for this day?
[A] Face of Climate Change
[B] Go Green
[C] Go Ecogreen
[D] Climate Green
Ans. [A] Face of Climate Change
5. World renowned mathematical wizard and astrologer Shakuntala Devi, also known as the 'human computer', passed away on 22nd April 2013. In which year she made it to Guinness records by giving result of multiplication of two 13- digit numbers in 28 seconds flat which was faster than the computer at that time?
Ans. [D] 1980
4. Who has been on Monday, 22 April 2013, elected unopposed as the Bangladesh's new President?
[A] Sheikh Hasina
[B] Abdul Hamid
[C] Kazi Rakibuddin Ahmad
[D] Zillur Rahman
Ans. [B] Abdul Hamid
5. Which country will host ICC World T20 2014?
[C] South Africa
6. Who has been appointed as the President of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in India on 31 March 2013?
[A] Adi Godrej
[B] Naina Kidwai
[C] Shikha Sharma
[D] Rajan Bharti Mittal
Ans.[D] Rajan Bharti Mittal
7. Who has been awarded Pandit Hridayanath Mangeshkar Award on 31st March 2013?
[A] Lata Mangeshkar
[B] Asha Bhosle
[C] Kishore Kumar
[D] Md Rafi
Ans.[B] Asha Bhosle
8. The four private daily newspapers (namely Pyidaungsu Daily (Union Daily), Shwe Naing Ngan Thit Daily (Golden Freshland Daily), San Taw Chein Daily (Standard Times Daily) and Voice Daily) started temporary publication on Monday, 1 April 2013 after a gap of five decades in which country?
9. Which state's assembly passed the new Lokayukta Bill on 2nd April 2013?
[D] Himachal Pradesh
10. Minister of Railways Pawan Kumar Bansal on Tuesday, 2nd April 2013, launched Wi-Fi- facility as a pilot on the which route Rajdhani Express?
11. The Indian Premier League T20 cricket tournament opens its sixth edition on 2nd April at which place?
[A] Eden Garden Stadium, Kolkata
[B] Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
[C] Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata
[D] Ferozshah Kotla Stadium, Delhi
Ans.[C] Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata
12. President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday, 3rd April 2013, signed the Bill which gives India a strong anti-rape law. Bill was earlier passed by the two Houses of Parliament. Which bill is this?
[A] Violence Law (Amendment) Bill, 2013
[B] Crime Against Women Law (Amendment) Bill, 2013
[C] Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2011
[D] Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2013
Ans.[D] Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2013
13. Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor Khan has been roped in to endorse which jewellery brand on 3rd April 2013?
[B] Malabar Gold & Diamonds
[D] PP Jewellers
Ans.[B] Malabar Gold & Diamonds
14. Who has been elected as the President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the year 2013-14 on Friday 5th April 2013?
[A] Adi Godrej
[B] S Gopalakrishnan
[C] Chanda Kochar
[D] Indira Nooyi
Ans. [B] S Gopalakrishnan
15.Google Mapathon 2013 has triggered a controversy in India with the official survey and mapping organisation of the country objecting to the Google online contesting for national security reasons. Which organisation has registered a complaint with the Delhi police against Google?
[A] Survey of India
[B] Maps of India
[C] India Urban Planning commission
[D] Indian Society for Land Development and Planning
Ans.[A] Survey of India
Prepared by: currentaffairs4examz team, Join our FB page-Click Here