Current Affairs April 2013 & GK Questions- Part 8
Useful for PA/SA Exam & all competitive Examinations, GK Quiz etc…..
1. Where is the headquarters of the National Institute of Oceanography located?
(A) Dona Paula (Goa)
(B) Kochi (Kerala)
(C) Mumbai (Maharashtra)
(D) Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)
2. 'Wings of Fire' and 'Ignited Minds' books are authored by which Indian scientist ?
(C) A.P.J.Abdul Kalam
3. Who amongst the following is the author of the book "To a Hunger Free World"?
(a) A.P.J Abdul Kalam
(b) Ashok Lahiri
(c) Amartya Sen
(d) M.S Swaminathan
4. What is the capital of Belgium?
5. The Olympic games are normally held at an interval of how many years?
6. Who built "The Red Fort" in New Delhi?
7. Bandipur Sanctuary is located in which state?
8. Where is The National Chemical Laboratory situated?
9. 'Daughter of the East' book is the autobiography of which Asian woman leader?
[B]Aung San Suu Kyi
10. Which country was first to give the "right to vote" to women in elections?
11. Baku is the capital city of which country?
12. Where was the first Indian Institute of Management (IIM) established in 1961?
13. The first satellite to orbit the earth was launched on 4 October,1957. Can you name it?
[A] Voyager 1
[B] Explorer 1
[C] Apollo 1
[D] Sputnik 1
14. Where is the head office of the World Trade Organisation(WTO) located?
15. Which of the following will be the venue of the India-ASEAN Summit to be held in 2013?
[B] New Delhi
16. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has left on 10th April 2013 for his 3 days visit an European country to seek greater business ties. Which country PM is visiting?
17. What is the term of a member of Rajya Sabha ?
(A) 3 years
(B) 4 years
(C) 5 years
(D) 6 years
18. Which pigment gives plants and leaves their green colour ?
19. What is the interest rate at which banks borrow money from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) called?
(A) Repo Rate
(B) Reverse Repo Rate
(C) Call Money Rate
(D) Prime Lending Rate (PLR)
20. 'Sick man of Europe' is the nickname of which European country?
21. What is the normal heart rate of adults at rest?
(A) 68 beats per minute
(B) 72 beats per minute
(C) 76 beats per minute
(D) 80 beats per minute
22. On 15 January 1949, General K.M.Cariappa became the first Commander-in-Chief of India. In memory of this event which national day is celebrated on 15th January ?
(A) Army Day
(B) Navy Day
(C) Indian Air Force Day
(D) Armed Forces Flag Day
23. Margaret Thatcher, a British politician and the longest-serving Prime Minister
of the United Kingdom of the 20th century, and the only woman to have held the post died on Monday 8th April 2013. In which year she became the Prime Minister for the first time?
24. As announced on Monday, 8th April 2013, which state in India will host the World Chess Championship from November 6 to 26 in 2013?
[A] Andhra Pradesh
[D] Madhya Pradesh
25. On the recommendations of N.R.Sarkar committee, where was the first Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) established in 1950?
Prepared by: currentaffairs4examz team, Join our FB page-Click Here