(Useful for other competitive Examinations also)
General Knowledge Section
1. Which country honoured Aung San Suu Kyi with Congressional Gold Medal recently? Ans. U.S.A
2. Which city in South Africa is the host for Ninth World Hindi Conference?
3. World Tourism Day is observed on which date?
Ans. September 27
4. In which Indian State, Asia’s largest cattle fair is held annually?
5. Who has been appointed as the new Secretary General of Rajya Sabha?
6. Who is elected as the new Prime Minister of Libya?
Ans. Mustafa Abu Shagour
7. Who is the author of the book ‘India Grows at Night: A Liberal Case for A Strong State?”
Ans. Gurcharan Das
8. What percent of FDI was allowed by Union Cabinet in Civil Aviation Sector recently?
9. What is the annual average economic growth target revised by the Planning Commission for the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) from the 9 percent envisaged earlier? - Ans.8.2 per cent
10. Which Indian state has recently introduced a bill to protect the tigers?
Ans. Arunachal Pradesh
11. Who is known as the “The Maker of Modern India”?
Ans. Raja Ram Mohan Roy
12. Who has been appointed as the Director General of Narcotics Control Bureau (N.C.B) recently?
Ans. Rajiv Mehta
13. Which was the first Indian State to ban Plastic by law in 1995?
Ans. Himachal Pradesh
14. ‘Krishna’ is the official residence of Chief Minister of which state?
15. Who is the President of World Bank?
Ans. Jim Yong Kim
Prepared by: currentaffairs4examz.blogspot.com
For regular updates like ‘Postal Assistant Examination’ (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Postal-Assistant-Examination/366333513457552) page on facebook!!!!