General Knowledge Questions
Useful for UPSC/ SSC/ Combined Graduate/ Secretariat Assistant/ RRB/ IBPS/ Postal-Sorting Assistant/ IB/ Probationary Officer/ Civil Service & other Competitive Examinations
1. Kaziranga Wild Life Sanctuary is in the State of? -Assam. It is a famous for one horned Rhinoceros.
2. Bhopal Gas Tragedy was caused by? - Methyl Isocynate
3. Constituent Assembly adopted the constitution on?- 26th November 1949. The Constitution came into effect on 26th January 1950
4. Who was the founder Ramakrishna Mission?- Swami Vivekananda.
5. The Planning Commission was established in the year?- 1950
6. The Oral Polio Vaccine was discovered by?- Jonas Salk
7. Which wave does a TV remote control unit used to operate a TV set?- Micro wave.
8. The most literate Union Territory in India is?- Lakshadweep
9. Who is the present Railway Minister?- Pawan Kumar Bensal
10. Attorney General is appointed by?- President. He is the highest Law Officer in India.
11. The National Anthem ‘Jana Gana Mana’ was originally composed in?- Bengali
12. Which city is known as the garden city of India? - Bangalore
13. Who was the first captain of Indian Test Cricket Team? CK Nayudu. He led the India Cricket Team in four matches in 1932-34
14. The capital of India was transferred from Kolkata to Delhi in? -1911
15. The least densely populated state in India?- Arunachal Pradesh
16. The State/ Union Territory having French as its official language? -Pondicherry
17. ‘Dandia’ is a popular dance of?- Gujarat
18. Judges of High Court retires at the age of?- 65 Years
19. The President of India can be impeached by?- Parliament
20. The greeting ’Jai Hind’ was started by which famous person?- Subhash Chandra Bose
Prepared by: currentaffairs4examz.blogspot.com