A) Sanskrit B) brahmi C)greek D)pali
2. Who is the head of Indian state?
A) prime minister B) president C)speaker D)vice president
3. When was constitution of Indian adopted by constituent assembly?
A)26th nov 1949 B)26th Jan 1950 C) 15th aug 1947 D)30th jan 1948
4. Which countries participate in common wealth games?
A) all countries of the world B)countries which were colonies of british empire C)asia pacific Region countries D)under developed countries
5. Viswanathan anand is associated with which game?
A)snooker B) billiards C)chess D)ice hockey
6. HTTP stand for
A)hypo test transfer protocol B)hyper text transfer protocol C)hyper test transfer proxy D)none of these
7. Polio disease is spread by
A)parasite B)bacteria C)virus D)protozoa
8. Phylloquinone is chemical name of
A)vitamin A B)vitaminC C)vitamin K D)vitamin D
9. The best parliamentarian award for 2009 has been conferred on
A)hema malini B)jaipal reddy C)m m josi D)manmohan singh
10. Lothal had a structure which, according to some archaeologists, was a
A)citadel B)dockyard C)public building D)great tank
11. Liquefied petroleum gas(LPG)consist of
A)butane and propane B)ethane and hexane C) ethane and nonane D)butane and nonane
12. The hobby of collecting stamps is called as
A)philanthropy B)numismatics C)philately D)philology
13.The new rupee symbol is a combination of English and ______ scripts
A)devanagari B)tamil C)telugu D)Gurumukhi
14. The Nobel peace prize for 2009 was awarded to
A)barack obama B)bill Clinton C)Mikhail gorbachev D)nicholas sarkory
15. Who among the following was the author of “RAJTHARANGINI”, commonly regarded as the first genuine history of India written by an Indian?
A) Banbhatta B) ravikirti C) pushpadanta D) kalhana
16. Twitter, facebook n, and orkut are examples of_____ websites
A) E-mail B) social networking C) search engines D) internet telephony
17. H1N1 virus causes which of the following diseases?
A) Swine flu B) chickungunya C) dengue D) avian flu
18. Biological pigment that determines skin colour in humans is called
A) Protein B) melanin C) vitamin D) toxin
19. Which dance form originated from Kerala?
A) Odissi B) katak C) kuchipudi D) kathakali
20. Nathu la is located in the Himalayas. La means
A) Glacier B) pass C) hillock D) crevasse
21. a train 350 mts long is moving at a speed of 32kmph. It will cross a man coming from the opposite direction at a speed 3 kmph in
A) 28 sec B) 24 sec C) 36 sec D) 32 sec
A) 10 B) 90 C) 100 D) 90.1
23. The age of the father is 5 times of the son. After 20 yrs father age is 40. Then what will be the age of the son?
A) 20 B) 22 C) 21 D) 24
24. A candidate appearing for an examination has to secure 40% marks to pass paper 1. But he secured only 40 marks and failed by 20 marks. What is the max mark for paper 1?
A) 100 B) 200 C ) 150 D)180
25. 6 times of an unknown no is 13 less than 55. The unknown no
A) 10 B) 7 C) 11 D) 5
26. A sports dealer bought 2000 hockey sticks for Rs.350each. 10% of them were found to be defective and unfit to be sold. At what price should he sell the remaining stick to get a overall profit of 8%?
A) 360 B) 400 C) 420 D) 450
27. The population of a colony of ants increases by 20% every day. If one Monday the population is 3000 on which day of the week is it 5184?
A) Wednesday B) Tuesday C) Thursday D) Friday
28. Three runners’ ajay, bharath and charan run a race with ajay finishing 20mts ahead of bharath and 34 mts ahead of charan, while bharath finishes 21 mts ahead of charan. Each runner travels the entire distance at a constant speed. What was the length of the race?
A) 40MTS b) 50MTS c) 60MTS d) 70 MTS
29. If 20men assemble 8 machines in a day how many men are needed to assemble 12 machines in a day?
A) 40 B) 20 C) 30 D) 42
30. Find the area in square mts if the perimeter of football field which is 120m long is 400 mts
A) 6500sq. m B) 9600sq.m C) 6800sq.m D) 4800sq.m
31. At the end of the dinner party all the 8 persons present at the dinner party shake hands with each other once. How many handshakes will be there in all?
A) 8 B) 16 C)28 D)64
32. Select the correct alternative from the given choices
BDFH, CBID, DZLZ, EXOV,_________
A) FVRS B) FVQR C) FVRR D)FVSR
33. Fill in the blank
8, 40, 20, 100, 50,_______,125
A) 225 B) 250 C) 200 D) 150
34. If the digits in the no. 86435192 r arranged in ascending order, what will b the diff b/t the digits which r second from the right and 4th from the left in the new arrangement?
A) 1 B) 2 C) 4 D)3
35. 3 of the following 4 are the alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the 1 that does not belong to that group?
A) 145 B) 325 C) 257 D) 399
36. In a certain code language, if the word ‘sector’ is coded as ‘CESROT’ then how will your code the word “OPPOSITION”?
A) SOPPONOITI B) NOITISOPPO C ) SOPOPNOITI D)SOPPONTIT
37. If 30th June, 1989 was a Friday, then what day of the week was 17th Sep, 1993?
A) WEDNESDAY B) THRUSDAY C) FRIDAY D) SATURDAY
38. Complete the series?
A) 1 B) 2/3 C) 1/3 D) ½
39. My school is to the east of my house. My father’s office is to the south-west of my school. A park is to the south of my school. Towards which direction is my house located with re3spect to the park?
A) East B) north-west C) south-west D) south
40. Which one is different from others?
A) Calf B) colt C) cat D) puppy
41. “.A speech delivered without any pervious preparation” can be expressed in one word only put of the following?
A) Extempore B) Maiden C) Spinster D) Empiric
42. The garden is very dry today. Fetch me a _______ of water
A) Pale B) pail C) pile D) pill
43. Please, may I have _____oranges?
A) A few B) some C) little D) less
44. Delhi is ____ than Nagpur.
A) More bigger B) so bigger C) very bigger D) much bigger
45. Use proper conjunction in the sentence given below:
“GIVE ME ____ poverty ______riches.”
A) is/was B) nor/neither C) neither/nor D ) here/there
46. We need to ______our appointment
A) Reconnect B) reschedule C) reorganize D) regret
47. SCEPTICAL is exactly opposite to
A) Convinced B) doubtful C) questioning D) cynic
48. Choose wrongly spelt word
A) Relevent B) poignant C) prevalent D) malignant
49. A person who hates the institution of marriage
A) Misologist B) misogamist C) misogynist D) philogynist
50. We have been friends for ages. I ________ her since we were children.
A) Am knowing B) are known C) have known D)is known