Postal Assistant Aptitude Test: September 2008 (Kerala Circle)
1. Which of the following is considered to be the best work of literature of Pala Narayanan Nair, who passed away recently?
a. Khasakhinte Ithihasam
b. Keralam Valarunnu
2. Which is NOT true of Pulijanmam , which bagged the national award for the best feature film?
a. It focuses on the ongoing confrontation between the national award for the best feature film
b. It is narrated against the backdrop of theyyam
c. It is directed by Priyanandanan.
d. It is the debut film of its director.
3. What is the ideal speed of the moisture laden south west monsoon wind for heavy rainfall over kerala?
a. 10 to 15 nautical miles
b. 25 to 30 nautical miles
c. 15 to 20 nautical miles
d. 5 to 10 nautical miles
4. Which of the following is not true to Kerala?
a. An Indian state formed on 1st November 1956.
b. It has 14 districts
c. Its state legislature is unicameral
d. It accounts for about 40% coconut production in India
5. Which is considered to be the first fully literate municipal town in India?
6. Which is not true of Chandrayan 1?
a. It is the first Indian moon mission
b. It is aimed at high resolution remote sensing of the moon
c. Polar Satellite launch Vehicle (PSLV) is chosen as its launch vehicle.
d. It is a manned lunar mission of India.
7. Which of the following is not a method of voting in Lok Sabha?
a. Voice Vote
c. Casting Vote
d. Tactical Vote
8. Three of India’s mountain peaks are arranged below in the descending order of height. Which is the correct order?
a. Kanchenjunga, Nanda Devi, Badrinath Peak
b. Kanchenjunga, Badrinath Peak, Nanda Devi
c. Badrinath Peak, Kanchenjunga, Nanda Devi
d. Badrinath Peak, Nanda Devi, Kanchenjunga
9. Which of the following Indian states shares a border with China?
b. Himachal Pradesh
10. What is the ratio of width of India’s National Flag to its length?
a. Two to three
b. One to two
c. Three to four
d. Two to five
11. Which of the following is not true of Indian standard time?
a. 5.5 hours ahead GMT
b. 4.5 hours behind Australian Eastern standard time
c. 10.5 hours ahead of American Eastern standard time
d. India has two standard Times.
12. In which part of India is desert region located?
a. Eastern and Northeastern
b. Western and northwestern
c. Western and southwestern
d. Eastern and southeastern
13. Which of the following is not true of water?
a. It makes up 70% of earth’s surface
b. About 97% of water on earth’s surface is too salty for drinking or irrigation
c. A molecule of water consists of two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen
d. Zero degree Fahrenheit is the temperature at which water freezes.
14. Who is the author of the book Post Office?
a. Paulo Coelho
b. Rabindra Nath Tagore
c. Dan Brown
d. Salman Rushdie
15. Expand the abbreviation ATM?
a. Automatic Teller Machine
b. Automated Teller Machine
c. Autographic Teller Machine
d. Autonomous Teller Machine
16. What is Bluetooth?
a. a member of UN force that is trying to prevent war
b. The blue flag with a white square in the center which is raised by a ship that is about to leave a port
c. A radio technology that makes it possible foe cell phones, computers and other electronic devices to be linked wireless over short distances.
d. A tooth of blue whale
17. What is common to blue whale, whale shark, Atlantic giant squid, and Chinese giant salamander?
a. Belong to the class fish
b. Same food habit
c. Same habitat
d. Each of these is the biggest animal in its respective class
18. India’s first scented postage stamp has the fragrance of?
b. Sandal wood
19. India post recently launched an international money remittance service through the secure International Financial System (IFS) of the Universal Postal union. What does this service initially offer?
a. Remittance from UAE to India
b. Remittance from England to India
c. Remittance from member countries of UPU to India
d. Remittance from India to member countries of UPU
20. Which of the following is correct about the postal network of the world?
a. India has the largest number of Post offices and the largest number of postal employees
b. India has the largest number of post offices, but does not employ the largest number of postal employees
c. India employs the largest number of postal employees, but does not have the largest number of post offices
d. There are many countries with more number of post offices than India has.
Prepared by: currentaffairs4examz.blogspot.com
For regular updates like ‘Postal Assistant Examination’ page on facebook!!!!