Know more about ‘India Post’ – for Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/SA) Exam 2012
1. Which state Police in India utilized the ‘Pigeon Post Service’?
Ans. Orissa State Police
2. When was the first commemorative stamp issued in India?
Ans. In 1931 (to mark the inauguration of New Delhi)
3. The Cricketer from Australian Test Cricket team belongs to Australian Postal Service?
Ans. Brad Hogg
4. The first Non Royal to appear on U.K. postage stamp?
Ans. William Shakespeare (1964)
5. In which language the first Meghdoot Post card issued?
6. First Postal stamp in the World?
Ans. Penny Black
7. When, the Indian Postal Stamp was cancelled at Mount Everest?
Ans. 1996 May 10 (by ITBP. Indo-Tibet Border Police)
8. Which is India’s first General Post Office?
Ans. Calcutta GPO (in 1774)
9. Which country issued the first self adhesive Postage stamp?
Ans. Sierra Leone (1964)
10. The first country issued new year greeting cards through Postal service?
11. When was the first Postal Stamp issued?
Ans. 1840 May 6th
12. The first Indian Personality who was depicted in foreign stamps?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi
13. Which picture was depicted in First world stamp?
Ans. Queen Victoria’s Head
14. The busiest Post office in India?
Ans. Mumbai GPO
15. First Indian Postage stamp?
Ans. Scinde Dawk
16. No. of post offices having ‘Pictorial Cancellation facility’ in Kerala?
17. India’s third scented postal stamp?
Ans. Jasmine (Rs. 15)
18. What is water mark?
Ans. A design / mark on paper given at the time of production.
19. The first post card issued in Cochin State?
Ans. 1898 at the time of Raja Rama Varma I
20. Which country issued the first commemorative stamp in the world?
21. Date of formation of Kerala Postal Circle?
Ans. 1961 July 1
22. Highest Denomination of Indian Commemorative stamp ever since issued?
1) Mother Theresa , Rs. 45/-
2) Acropora Formosa , Rs. 45/-
23. First burnt-wood smelt postage stamp issued by:
Ans. Brazil (1999) in connection with hazardous effect of forest fire.
24. Where was the first Gandhi stamp printed?
25. What is Pincode?
Ans. ‘Postal Index Number’ code-6 digits. The country has been divided in to 8 zones for the purpose of pincode.
Prepared by: currentaffairs4examz.blogspot.com
For regular updates like ‘Postal Assistant Examination’ page on facebook!!!!