Thursday, October 30, 2014
The United India Insurance Company Ltd invites applications for recruitment of the 323 Administrative Officer (Scale-I) Vacancies. Eligible candidates can apply Online from 29-10-2014 to 18-11-2014. Details are as follows:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Applications: 29-10-2014.
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 18-11-2014.
Payment of Application Fees/Intimation charges: 29-10-2014 to 18-11-2014
Date of Screening Test: Last week of December 2014
Date of Main Exam & Descriptive test: Third/Last week of January 2015
Scale of Pay: Basic pay of Rs.17,240/- in the scale of Rs.17240-840(14)-29000-910(4)-32640 and other admissible allowances as applicable. Total emoluments will be Rs.37000/- (approx.) in Metropolitan centers. The salary scales are under revision
Age Limit: A candidate must be of the Minimum Age of 21 years and the Maximum Age of 30 years as on 01/10/2014. Candidate must have been born not earlier than 2-10-1984 and not later than 1-10-1993 (both days inclusive).
Generalist - Degree from recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
Specialist - Degree from recognized university in the relevant discipline or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
The selection would be in the stages of Screening test and Main examination (online multiple choice objective type) Descriptive Test and interview. All the candidates who applied and are eligible as per criteria prescribed for the post shall undergo screening test (objective type) to be conducted tentatively on 28 or 29th December 2014 through online mode. The shortlisted candidates who qualify in screening test based on cut off marks shall become eligible to appear for main examination. The screening test will only be qualifying nature. 10 times the number of vacancies in each discipline/category will be called for Main exam and Descriptive Test, which will also be conducted through online mode.
SC/ ST/ Persons with Disability (PWD), Permanent Employees of UIIC: Rs. 100/-
All others: Rs. 500/-
How to Apply: Eligible candidates can apply online through the below from 29-10-2014 to 18-11-2014.
View official notification: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here
(A) Malala Yousafzai
(B) Indira Ranamagar
(C) John Wood
(D) All the above
2) Michael Sata, who passed away on 28 October 2014 in London was the President of which African country?
3) Sachin Tendulkar along with which other player was on 29 October 2014 inducted into Don Bradman Hall of Fame?
(A) Brian Lara
(B) Steve Waugh
(C) Ricky Ponting
(D) Rahul Dravid
4) Which territory in September 2014 held a referendum for independence from the United Kingdom?
(B) Northern Ireland
5) What was India’s rank in the World Bank’s latest “Ease of Doing Business” report which was released on 29 October 2014?
6) Union Health Minister on 29 Oct 2014 announced "TB-Mission 2020" to eliminate Tuberculosis from the country. Name the Union Health Minister?
(A) Nitin Gadkari
(B) Arun Jaitley
(C) Harsh Vardhan
(D) Sis Ram Ola
7) Srinagar city is situated on the banks of which river?
8) India along with 20 other countries on 23 October 2014 signed an agreement to set up Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). Where will be its headquarters?
(B) New Delhi
9) Where will the 2018 Commonwealth games be held?
10) Jamaat-e-Islami chief Motiur Rahman Nizami from which country was on 29 October 2014 handed death penalty for killings of nation’s leading intellectuals during the country’s War of Liberation in 1971?
(D) Saudi Arabia
1) Ans. (D) All the above
2) Ans. (C) Zambia
3) Ans. (B) Steve Waugh
4) Ans. (C) Scotland
5) Ans. (A) 142
6) Ans. (C) Harsh Vardhan
7) Ans. (C) Jhelum
8) Ans. (D) Shanghai
9) Ans. (C) Australia
10) Ans. (A) Bangaldesh
1) Malala won 2014 World’s Children prize: Champion for girls’ rights Malala Yousafzai, the youngest Nobel Peace Prize laureate in history, won the World’s Children’s Prize 2014 on 29 October 2014, after a global vote involving millions of children. “Millions of children have voted to award Malala this year’s World’s Children’s Prize for the rights of the child,” the organisation said in a statement. “Nobody has ever received the Nobel Peace Prize and the World’s Children’s Prize, often dubbed the ‘Children’s Nobel Prize’ by the media, in the same year,” it added. This year’s honorary awards went to former Microsoft executive John Wood, founder of the Room to Read literacy group, and Indira Ranamagar from Nepal, for her work for the children of prisoners. Nelson Mandela, Graca Machel, Anne Frank and Kofi Annan have previously been honoured.
2) India ranks 142 in latest "Ease of Doing Business" report: World Bank- India ranked 142 among the 189 countries surveyed for the latest World Bank’s “Ease of Doing Business” report released on Wednesday, a drop by two places from the last year’s ranking, as Singapore topped the list. The fall in ranking from last year’s 140 is mainly because other nations performed much better, Bank officials said. India’s ranking originally stood at 134 last year, but was adjusted to 140 to account for fresh data. In the 2014 report, India had 52.78 points and this year it scored 53.97 points. The latest ranking, however, does not take into account a slew of measures taken by the Modi government to make India a business friendly destination.
3) World Stroke Day observed: World Stroke Day is observed on October 29 to underscore the serious nature and high rates of stroke, raise awareness of the prevention and treatment of the condition, and ensure better care and support for survivors. On this day, organizations around the world have facilitated events emphasizing education, testing, and initiatives to improve the damaging effects of stroke worldwide.
4) Harsh Vardhan announces TB-Mission 2020: Underlining the plans of the Indian government to eliminate Tuberculosis from the country, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan today announced 'TB-Mission 2020'. Vardhan was speaking at WHO's Global TB Symposium titled 'Moving out of the box to end global TB epidemic: with post-2015 strategy. Tuberculosis control was also declared as the dominant agenda for the upcoming meeting of BRICS Health Ministers in December.
5) Government relaxed FDI norms for construction, real estate sector: The government eased overseas investment rules in construction to attract money into the funds-starved sector and serve its twin objectives of faster job creation and housing for all. The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved a comprehensive proposal by the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), dropping the minimum 10-hectare rule for serviced housing plots and slashing the minimum floor area for construction development projects to 20,000 sq m from 50,000 sq m to be eligible for overseas investment.
6) Sachin Tendulkar inducted into Don Bradman Hall of Fame: Sachin Tendulkar added another feather to his cap on Wednesday when the Indian batting legend was inducted as one of the latest honourees in the Bradman Foundation. At a gala dinner held at the historic Sydney Cricket Ground, former Australian captain Steve Waugh was the other cricketer to enter the Bradman Hall of Fame alongside Tendulkar.
7) Bangladesh Jamaat chief gets death for war crimes: A Bangladesh war crimes tribunal on Wednesday handed death penalty to Jamaat-e-Islami chief Motiur Rahman Nizami for crimes, which include the killings of nation’s leading intellectuals during the country’s War of Liberation in 1971.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
1) Devendra Fadnavis is set to become the first BJP Chief Minister of which state?
(D) Himachal Pradesh
2) Which of these derives its name from a river in the Democratic republic of Congo?
(A) Chikungunia virus
(B) Lassa fever
(C) Ebola virus
(D) Salmonella bacteria
3) Who was appointed as the new Chairman of the Prasar Bharti Board on 28 October 2014 for a term of three years?
(A) Jawhar Sircar
(B) Bimal Julka
(C) Surya Prakash
(D) None of these
4) 2018 FIFA World Cup logo was unveiled by FIFA President Sepp Blatter on 28 October 2014. Which country is hosting the event?
5) Union Government on 28 October 2014 has launched Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana (VKY) for the welfare of?
(A) Tribal People
6) What was India’s rank in the World Economic Forum’s 2014 gender gap index that was released on 27 October 2014?
7) Which company on 28 Oct 2014 launched the refreshed version of its popular hatchback car named 'Swift' with 10 per cent enhanced fuel efficiency?
(A) Maruti Suzuki
8) International Internet Day was observed globally on?
(A) 30 October 2014
(B) 29 October 2014
(C) 28 October 2014
(D) 27 October 2014
9) Japanese telecom giant Softbank on 27 October 2014 announced to invest 627 million US dollar in which online retailer?
10) Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently gave a commitment to modernise which country's defence and security forces, after talks with his counterpart of that country?
1) Ans. (B) Maharashtra
2) Ans. (C) Ebola virus
3) Ans. (C) Surya Prakash
4) Ans. (D) Russia
5) Ans. (A) Tribal People
6) Ans. (C) 114th
7) Ans. (A) Maruti Suzuki
8) Ans. (B) 29 October 2014
9) Ans. (A) Snapdeal
10) Ans. (C) Vietnam
1) Devendra Fadnavis to be sworn in as BJP’s first Maharashtra CM: Devendra Fadnavis was on Tuesday elected the leader of the BJP legislature party in Maharashtra, paving the way for his appointment as the first party chief minister of the state. The name of Fadnavis, state BJP president, was proposed by Leader of Opposition in the outgoing assembly Eknath Khadse and seconded by his counterpart in the legislative council Vinod Tawde, and members of the party's core group Sudhir Mungantiwar and Pankaja Munde. The resolution proposing 44-year-old Fadnavis as the leader of the legislature party was unanimously approved by the newly elected MLAs in the presence of Union home minister Rajnath Singh and BJP general secretary in-charge of Maharashtra J P Nadda.
2) 2018 FIFA World Cup logo unveiled: FIFA President Sepp Blatter has revealed the 2018 World Cup logo. While unveiling the logo on a Russian state TV talk show Tuesday, Blatter said the logo would show Russia’s “heart and spirit”, reports Xinhua. The logo depicts the World Cup trophy in red and blue, colors from the Russian flag, with a gold trim.
3) Maruti launches new Swift: Maruti Suzuki India on Tuesday launched the refreshed version of its popular hatchback Swift with 10 per cent enhanced fuel efficiency, priced between Rs 4.42 lakh and Rs 6.95 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The model, which was first launched in the country in May 2005, has been re-introduced in both petrol and diesel variants. “The Swift now comes with improved fuel efficiency of 10 per cent and a rich equipment list like push start button, a 60:40 split rear seat, electric retractable outside mirrors, reverse parking sensor and others,” the company’s Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), R S Kalsi said. The company has sold over 12 lakh Swift cars till date.
4) Jual Oram Launched Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana: Centre has launched Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana (VKY) for welfare of Tribals. Launching the scheme on the occasion of the meeting of the Tribal Welfare Ministers of States/UTs here today the Union Tribal Welfare Minister Shri Jual Oram said that the scheme been launched on pilot basis in one block each of the States of AP, MP, HP, Telangana, Orissa, Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Gujarat. Under the scheme centre will provide Rs. 10 crore for each block for the development of various facilities for the Tribals.
5) India to modernise Vietnam’s defence forces: Calling India’s defence cooperation with Vietnam “among our most important,” Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave a commitment to “modernise Vietnam’s defence and security forces” on Tuesday after talks with his counterpart Nguyen Tan Dung. The two countries signed several agreements, including a memorandum of understanding for exploration by ONGC Videsh Limited in two blocks in the South China Sea.
6) India slips to 114th spot in WEF Gender Gap Index: India registered a marked deterioration in its performance as measured by a World Economic Forum's Global Gender Gap index that ranked countries on the basis of providing equal opportunity to women in business, education, health and political empowerment. The index for this year places India 114th out of 142 countries, down from the 101st position last year. Last year's top four -- Iceland (1), Finland (2), Norway (3) and Sweden (4) -- retained their rankings. Rwanda entered the index for the first time at the seventh position.
7) UIDAI has issued 70 crore Aadhaar numbers till date: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has as on date said that 70 crore Aadhaar Cards have been issued. Nine states including Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, have crossed 90% Aadhaar coverage, while sixteen states have Aadhaar coverage of over 70%.
8) Surya Prakash appointed as Chairman of Prasar Bharti Board: Surya Prakash on 28 October 2014 was appointed as the Chairman of Prasar Bharti Board for a term of three years. He succeeded Mrinal Pande whose term ended on April 2014. He was appointed on the recommendation of a three-member committee headed by Vice President M Hamid Ansari and comprising of Press Council of India Chairman Markandey Katju and Information and Broadcasting Secretary Bimal Julka.
9) Modi government sacked CMDs of 6 PSU banks: The Narendra Modi government has sacked the heads of six Public Sector Unit banks. The move comes after the Chairman of Syndicate Bank was arrested on bribery charges in August. A high-level panel report submitted to the government stated that there were irregularities in the selection process of the Chairman and Managing Directors of these banks. A panel headed by the RBI Governor during the UPA rule had shortlisted the names for Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, United Bank and Vijaya Bank. The government has now scrapped the process and decided to fill vacancies of 8 posts of CMDs and 14 posts of Executive Directors through a fresh process involving RBI Governor or his nominee.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
1) In which sport does Saketh Myneni win a gold medal and a silver medal in the Incheon Games representing India?
(B) Table tennis
2) Who is the author of the recently published book "Not Just an Accountant"?
(A) Raghuram Rajan
(B) Arvind Kejriwal
(C) Markhande Katju
(D) Vinod Rai
Ans. (D) Vinod Rai- Rs. 1,60,000 question on Oct 28-Episode 42
3) Ruquaia Begum was the wife of which Mughal Emperor?
Ans. (B) Akbar -Rs. 3,20,000/- question on Oct 28-Episode 42
4) Which of these brands is named after a French opera which is set in India?
Ans. (C)Lakme -Rs. 6,40,000/- question on Oct 28-Episode 42
5) By which is the Sonepur Mela, the famous cattle fair of Bihar also known as?
(C)Harihar Kshatra Mela
Ans. (C)Harihar Kshatra Mela -Rs. 1,60,000 question on Oct 27-Episode 41
6) In which sport did Seema Punia win a gold medal at the 2014 Asian games?
Ans. (C) Discuss throw -Rs. 3,20,000/- question on Oct 27-Episode 41
7) Which is the tallest bird in the world, standing at about 6 feet tall?
Ans. (B)Sarus Crane - Rs. 12,50,000/- question on Oct 27-Episode 41
8) Which scientists discovered the inert gas neon?
(A)William Ramsay and Morris Travers
(B)Humphrey Davy and Davies Gilbert
(C)Joseph Priestley and Joseph Black
(D)William Perkin and Frederick Donnan
Ans. (A)William Ramsay and Morris Travers -Rs. 25,00,000/- question on Oct 27-Episode 41
More Questions will be updated..Keep Visiting.
1) Vigilance Awareness Week is being observed this year from October 27, 2014 to November 01, 2014 with the theme?
(A) “Transparency in Public"
(B) "Promoting Good Governance -- positive contribution of vigilance".
(C) "Combating Corruption- Technology as an enabler"
(D) "Participative Vigilance"
2) In the recently released World Bank report titled India Development Update, claims India's GDP to grow by ....... percent in current fiscal year?
(D) None of these
3) Senzo Meyiwa who was shot dead by intruders on 26 October 2014 was the captain of which country’s national soccer team?
(D) South Africa
4) Dilma Rousseff was on 27 October 2014 re-elected as the president of which country?
(C) South Korea
5) What was India's position in the latest ICC Test rankings released on 26 October 2014?
6) Name the dedicated website for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) lauched by Union Finance Ministry on 27 October 2014?
7) Who won the women's singles title of BNP Paribas WTA Finals on 26 October 2014?
(A) Serena Williams
(B) Cara Black
(C) Simona Halep
(D) Sania Mirza
8) Nguyen Tan Dung who began his two-day India visit on 27 October 2014 is the Prime Minister of which country?
(D) North Korea
9) Which Indian golfer recently won the Venetian Macau Open?
(A) Anirban Lahiri
(B) Arjun Atwal
(C) Shiv Kapur
(D) Himmat Rai
10) Who is the subject of Sanjaya Baru’s book, The Accidental Prime Minister which was released some months back?
(A) H D Deve Gowda
(B) Inder Kumar Gujral
(C) Manmohan Singh
(D) Rajiv Gandhi
1) Ans. (C) "Combating Corruption- Technology as an enabler"
2) Ans. (A) 5.6
3) Ans. (D) South Africa
4) Ans. (B) Brazil
5) Ans. (D) 6th
6) Ans. (C) www.pmjdy.gov.in
7) Ans. (A) Serena Williams
8) Ans. (B) Vietnam
9) Ans. (A) Anirban Lahiri
10) Ans. (C) Manmohan Singh
Friends.. North East Postal Circle has today (28 October 2014) published the final result of direct recruitment of PA/SA 2014. You can check the result from the following link. Congratulations to all the selected candidates!!
Check result: Click Here